Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Fucked up women

Of my single friends, I mostly have male friends. I guess when I was younger, I had more female single friends, but they got snatched up. I fell back somewhat by dating a few losers along the way. Looking back, you couldn't pay me all the money in the world to go near those men again. While I usually stopped dating those guys, what was left behind was their friends. They became my friends. And while not dating, they were my buddies. We went out, watched sports, went fishing, played pool, kicked back and had some brewskies. And I got to listen to the total bullshit they put up in the dating arena. Very sad what is out there.

I had problems finding someone that clicked and of course being a huge sucker. I decided after I broke up with someone I was dating for awhile last fall, and spending some alone time during the holiday, to pray to God. I basically told God, you know what, I believe in love for family. I believe in love for friends. But I don't know about this whole romantic crap. This was around Christmas. It wasn't a 'poor me' talk, but more of a 'my life is in your hands, so be it' kind of talk with God.

I used to get the 'why doesn't a nice girl like you not have a nice guy' shit all the time. The ex came back and I realized, I couldn't force a square peg in a round hole. A wise friend around this time told me, if someone can't accept the worse of you, they don't deserve the best. I decided to let this guy go. And I was a little sad, but fine.

Then I met someone. I have dubbed him, Mr. Wonderful Thus Far, or Mr. WTF for short. And I'm happy. He's way more than I ever dreamed possible. And he's conservative, smart, and Christian. But it's other things about him. I couldn't have made a list, more like dared to make a list, of who he is. Nor would I have demanded it. You see, at the end of the day, I believe we will all lose our looks, our desire for sex, and you can only hope that you end up with someone you love and respect.

Obviously, this fucked up bitch is on a totally different page. Someone needs to start a Don't date Jacqui page. No decent breathing male needs to be subjected to that in a million years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home